Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's the last day of the year.

Photobucket


I thought I would beat the "I'm going to start exercising on January 1st" rush and start exercising on the last day of this year. It actually started the day before when I hiked Camelback Mountain with my sister-in-law, Annika and some of our kids. It was hard and yes, I felt out of shape, but I didn't die like I did the last time I hiked Camelback in November. I decided I might try running this morning. I started by putting on exercise clothes (sometimes this is as far as I get), then I put on my watch, found my shuffle, put on my sunglasses, took some pics of me getting ready to exercise (this all took quite a while...maybe I was hoping that I wouldn't actually have any more time to run), then there was nothing left to do, but run, so off I went. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
I am happy to report that I ran for 36 minutes...well, o.k., it was more of a jog, but the important thing to remember is that I kept moving and  it felt o.k. I was encouraged. I think I'll try it again soon.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SUCH A WOMAN MARIA!!!!! GO GIRL!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational! How is the running going? I joined WW. On Saturday it will be 3 weeks -- love the weigh-ins and meetings. Hoping to be at my goal weight by the cruise.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!