Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tessa and her mom

The day I realized that photography and I were going to have a "thing" is still very clear in my mind. I was looking at old photographs in an L.A. art museum. Suddenly, I got a lump in my throat, and tears started rolling down my cheeks. That was it. I knew then that it was a connector. I felt it. It allows us to glimpse the wonders of humanity. I got to experience that emotion again as I took pictures of Tessa and her mom, Suzanne and her grandma, Camille last week. Suzanne is a first time mom. Camille is a first time grandma and everything is a first for Tessa. I loved being able to do this photo shoot so close to Mother's Day. I felt like I got to be a fly on the wall to see generational love in action. I was reminded of how wonderful it is to be a mother in viewing this 3 generation trio. Camille has always been such a loving, giving wife and mother and to see Camille watching Suzanne carry on the tradition was very moving for me. There was such joy in their relationships.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Camille makes being a grandmother look like the most heavenly calling on earth.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
I think "yummy" is a good word to describe babies. They're so gobbliscious.

Photobucket
I love baby yawns...so cute.

And last , but not least are those baby kisses...I had forgotten what they were like...those wet little puckerless lips. There will be so many hugs and kisses exchanged over the years.
Photobucket
Suzanne and Tessa will form the same strong bond that I see Camille have with all of her girls. This is one of those times when it's good to see history repeating itself.

About my mom: She came over the other day to visit and help me out around the house. She brought over one of my favorite candies, just for me and did my laundry and I told her that even at my age, she still spoils me. She's the complete package for me: she's my friend, my sister and my mother. I am so lucky. 

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Maria. I love the picture of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria these pictures are to die for. I absolutely LOVE them!!! These pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos -- Tessa is too cute!! ...and I especially liked the pic of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, these photos are just precious! And the photo of you and your mom........ oh gosh, priceless :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Maria. You exceeded my expectations. And my expectations where high based on your body of work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, you are SO talented!! Would you ever consider giving lessons? Your artistic flair have turned you into a WONDER behind the lens!! so, when I grow up, I want to be like you!! So glad you share your gifts with the rest of you...btw, I'm serious about lessons...what would it take?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!