Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beautiful Food in Hollywood

Last weekend we had the great opportunity to go to CA with our good friends, Mark and Camille to attend the Gone with the Film Festival. Mark's film, "Baby Boomerang" was entered and won Best Documentary. The film festival was held in the Barnsdall Gallery Theatre atop Olive Hill in Hollywood in the Barnsdall Art Park complex. I'm actually going to post photos from the film festival in another post. I got kind of excited when we arrived because I saw tables set up with beautiful food and thought, "Wow, this food is a bonus to the festival! Classy!" I'm glad I asked around before I helped myself. It was a private birthday party. Sheesh! That could've been very awkward. I couldn't help myself, I had to take a few photos and then the caterer asked if she could have a few, so that opened the door for me to take lots. The caterer's name is Chef Cathy Shambley Baer. Her food was all organic. There was a small band playing music from the early 20th century. The picnic had a Great Gatsby feel with family and friends gathered on mismatched blankets underneath muslin canopies. Music was great. Food was beautiful to look at. I also thought it was the perfect event to showcase new blogger templates that I just got from mcp actions.

Photobucket

7 comments:

I love your comments!