Thursday, August 6, 2009

Children + Water= Cool Fun

This was a really fun shoot. Carrie had all four of her grandkids here and wanted to get some pictures. I did her little granddaughter, Starla last year. Carrie suggested the water park and I thought it was a great idea. I didn't mind in the least running around in the water. Getting splashed was ideal. So Starla and her cousins, Ryan, Jacob and Ethan and their mom's and Grandma headed over to the park.

I fell in love with Starla the first time we met. She is such a no nonsense girl. I enjoyed getting to know the boys, too. In fact I was trying to get a feel for Jacob (the middle guy...he's 4) I was asking him who his favorite super hero is. I was expecting to hear Superman, Spiderman, etc. He thought for a minute and said, "Spencer!" Spencer is his uncle who was coming home from a 2 year mission to Mexico that evening. I wonder if Spencer realizes that his nephews look up to him in that "superhero" way. That's Jacob in the upper right, below.
Photobucket

This is Jacob telling me how old he is.
Photobucket

Having 4 boys myself, I just have a soft spot in my heart for their little boy limbs that are kind of pale and skinny and their bellies that either pooch out or are as flat as a board and blend right into their hips, and then those hips that can't quite hold up a pair of pants or in this case swim trunks.
Photobucket
I can just picture these cousins having tons of fun in years to come.
Photobucket
Oh, cutie-pie Starla.

"Thanks, Ryan for the hug."
Photobucket

Big Brother Ethan.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oops. Gravity finally won out over Ryan's swim trunks. Mom to the rescue.

Photobucket
Pure exuberance!

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos -- you really captured the fun and the darling children! What a treasure for the Carlsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know me girlfriend - I have a thing for little boys myself :) So of course I found these photos completely adorable (including Starla!)!


    Megan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding?! Those are some of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!