Thursday, August 27, 2009

Firas & Enas: Engagement Session

So, one of the fun things about photography is how it connects people who may not otherwise have had that opportunity. Firas and Enas are two people who I met in a serendipitous way through a mutual new friend. They are from Palestine and are a lovely and cute couple who are sealing their love in just a few weeks. I am excited to be a part of their traditional Henna Party the night before the wedding and looking forward to all the festivities that go along with them celebrating their union. Here are some photos from our recent engagement session.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a slight learning curve on my part with Firas and Enas's names. For a while I kept calling Firas "Firnas". I realized my mistake eventually, but apparently it became a joke between them. I told them I was merely trying to combine their names like they do with the rich and famous: Bennifer, Branjelina, Firnas...see? Looking forward to seeing them again in a few weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous couple and gorgeous photography! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL job, Maria!! These are beautiful shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me. I LOVE them all but the last one ah... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I just love looking at all of your pictures, you are a brilliant photographer. I wish you lived closer so you could photograph my family. You are also a very touching writer. I love reading your stories, your feelings and emotions. You make me cry. I am not looking forward to that time when I am dropping my kids off at college, Kindergarten and even preschool are hard enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful couple! Gorgeous photos Maria - I can't wait to see their wedding photos! And how fun that you get to attend their mendhi party and all the festivities too. More than anyone I know, you ARE truly the definition of "serendipitous" :)

    Megan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My email is lisaharries4@yahoo.com, And all my daughters went to Utah State, thats where Scott and I went and they get alumni scholarshps. We have always been USU fans not BYU. love your blog fun to stay in touch. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!