Thursday, November 19, 2009

Now that's how you do business!


I was already a fan of Dunn Edwards Paint, but now I'm REALLY a fan! 


If you treat me right, I will shout it from the rooftops and you'll probably be my friend for life. I'm not going to waste words on what happens if you don't treat me right...but let's just say that I don't think you'll be getting a Christmas card from me anytime soon.


Back to my little shout out about Dunn Edwards paint: I think the quality of their paint is outstanding. It goes on smooth and dries even smoother. I had such great results painting the wainscoting in my hall bathroom with it a few years back that it actually made me excited about painting. Well, the opportunity has presented itself with a current little project I'm doing. I can actually use the same paint as the bathroom. I am painting a wall of wainscoting in my living room that my father-in-law (Jimbo) helped me hang recently. (I am loving it and will take photos when it's finished!) So, I get everything prepped and taped and ready to go. I even took the paint down to the store yesterday to have them really shake it up good. When I opened it this morning, it seemed good, but just a little thick. I didn't remember it being quite so thick, but I thought, "Well, it is good quality paint so it's not going to be thin."  I started painting the edges and I could just tell that it was too thick, even for quality paint. That back of the can said you can add a little water to improve the consistency, so I drive back down to the D.E. store on Southern and Gibert Rd. I just wanted them to mix in a little water to thin it out, but I wanted them to use their turbo charged mixer so it was a thorough mix job. Kevin, the manager, came out and talked with me about my situation and told them to mix up a brand new gallon of paint for me. My can was 3 years old, but well preserved, but he did not make me feel like he was doing anything more than taking care of the customer. I  just love when companies care! Now I am a Double Fan of Dunn Edwards and will pay the extra for great paint and great service. Thank you Dunn Edwards for making my day. I'm off to paint!!

1 comment:

  1. It's always so great to hear about businesses treating customers this way. I have been so bugged by how rude employees often are these days, particularly young employees. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!