Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Introducing: Christopher James Flink

I think being an Aunt has to be the next best thing to being a Grandma. For one thing, you can start on it when you're a little younger. I just love my nieces and nephews. My brothers have only given me nieces until last Friday when Christopher James Flink came into the world. Christopher evens out the playing field for my parents as far as grandkids go:

5 Girls & 5 Boys.

It's great to see my brothers embrace fatherhood. I think they're doing a great job. Christopher is 2 days old in these photos and Olivia is 2 years and 2 months old. She was a moving target, so it was a little tricky getting her with her new little brother.

Photobucket
Hey, Olivia. What's new at your house??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Let's check him out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Of course he is so loved by all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Seeing Emma with Christopher reminds me of myself when James was born. I was 7 and loved to hold him. I've always felt protective of my little brother. Emma would have held Christopher all night if she had had the chance. This was the little exchange we had with Emma when we got home:

Emma: "How old do I have to be before I can babysit?"
Us: "Twelve."
Emma: "You mean eleven?"
That is SO Emma.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Once again, our family has been blessed with this new addition. I can't wait to get to know him better.

4 comments:

  1. What an incredibly gorgeous baby! And his sister is adorable too! They are all lucky to have you around to take such amazing photographs! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - SOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!!!!!! Big congrats to all of you! What a precious, precious baby! And beautiful photos, as always, Maria! Happy, happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! They will love and cherish these pictures for forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria -- thank you once again for taking such fantastic photos. We are so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!