Monday, April 13, 2009

My friend, Jo.

One of the ways photography has blessed my life has been the friends I have made. I met Jo only last year (it seems like it was a lot longer than that) and we became fast friends. There are no age barriers with photography. I feel like Jo's peer, and yet on paper, I could technically be her mother. O.k..., a really young mom! :-) I'm so impressed with Jo. She's so ambitious about photography. She's computer savvy. She's a great mom. I don't know how she does it all with an active pre-toddler. I also know I can email her at 1 a.m. and she's probably up working on photos. She's the one who showed me how to widen my blog among other things. She's great to work with. She has 2nd shot weddings with me and I can always count on her to fill in the cracks for me. So, here's the sad part: Jo and her husband, Jeremy moved with Emmalee to Idaho 2 weeks ago to start a new adventure at BYU-Idaho. Jo, I just want you to know that I forgive you...but I will still miss you. I went over to say good-bye the night before she left and thought she might like some photos, so I brought my camera. Thanks for all you've taught me and for being such a good friend, Jo. I love your passion and can't wait to see what you do!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jo isn't the only one leaving friends behind.

Photobucket
Thanks, friend. Keep in touch!

4 comments:

  1. I've only met Jo through the computer and her work but can say Amen to all the above :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria!!! You made my day!!!!! You are so sweet! I will miss you too! I'm excited to see you this weekend though! Thanks for this post and for getting pictures for us! You are amazing! :) I feel so blessed to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are absolutely ADORABLE!!! You're the best Maria - you capture the moment better than anyone - it is such a special gift!!! And Jo is just DARLING!!!

    And I love your smiling face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys!! I had NO idea you were so close! On Sunday night we were at Tyler's cousin Shelly's house when we found out you guys are in their ward. We tried to stop by, but you weren't home :( Hopefully we will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!