Friday, April 3, 2009

Katie + Tony= Married


You know the Hillary line, "It takes a village...", well after seeing how fabulous Katie and Tony's wedding turned out last month and seeing everything that went into making it so, I think I can say the same for their Wedding Day. Who was involved? In addition to Katie and Tony taking center stage:  Two wonderful families (Katie's family alone makes up a small village!), Aunt Bonnie who runs the Flower Basket up in Provo did the flowers, combined with beautiful garden flowers from family friend, Janet. Dinner, chicken tostadas and ceviche(new word for me) were done by family owned restaurant, Mi Amigos Mexican Grill, ShellyAnn's did the fingerfoods, wedding cake and groom's cake by Virginia Higginbotham, colorful funky cakes from Tammy Coe Cakes in Phoenix and a great Salsa band called Jaleo Band that kept the dance floor full the whole night. "Family" takes in a LOT of people on both sides of the family. Katie's siblings provided music for the ceremony and her sister wrote the most beautiful poem that embraced their new family. To top it all off, friends and family poured in all evening to congratulate the newly married couple. Can you say L-O-V-E?! The whole afternoon/evening exuded joy and happiness. So happy and honored to be present to take it all in. I know it's a little long...but, this is for you, Katie and Tony...Congratulations! 

Photobucket
I loved that they had their parent's wedding pictures displayed with their own. A legacy of love. I heard Tony's mom comment about her own photo that they looked like Sonny and Cher.

Photobucket
It felt good to know that Dr. Will was on hand should the need arise.

Photobucket
Katie's beautiful dress.

Photobucket
Can't you just smell the Sweet Peas and Roses? Mmm.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Katie had a glow about her the entire day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is what happy looks like.

Photobucket
The garden theme looked beautiful and felt so welcoming.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Toasts were made and valuable advice given. For instance, Katie's brother warned Tony that he might not want to jump out and scare Katie. If he does, she may not speak to him for days. :-)

Photobucket
Katie's mom, Wendy, is one of the most gracious and kind people I know. I would welcome advice from her any day.

Photobucket
Aren't these amazing to look at? I loved the chocolate and lemon one. (Yes, I had a small sample from all of them! I was standing right there next to them when they were being cut...how could I NOT??)

Photobucket
The kids warmed up the dance floor. (I also used this photo for a hand tinting project at school)

Photobucket
The reception edibles. Pretty to look at and in keeping with the rest of the food earlier in the day, delicious. I never did have time to try one of the stuffed mushrooms.

Photobucket
Here's part of that village I was telling you about earlier.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tony and Katie knew how to Salsa! After watching them, I've decided that dancing could be a key to a happy marriage.

Photobucket

Photobucket
A great day is drawing to a close. 

Photobucket
Happy Wedding Day! See you in a year! :-)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! What a handsome, happy, wonderful couple they make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your photography is so beautiful! I need to get some advice from you about shooting that dark environment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria! Great images - LOVE the ring shots! Those cakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Met your husband at a piano competition for your daughter. He noticed my camera and mentioned if you were there you'd be talking to me. I'm a fellow, local photographer and would love to talk. E-mail me if you have a sec amy_kroff@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are wonderful! You really captured the spirit of the day. Thanks, Maria!

    Lara (Katie's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh... her dress, the rings, the colorful cakes, the adorable village of loved ones... where do I even begin! So many lovely photos Maria! I think my most favorite is the one of Katie's gorgeous smile when you said "this is what happy looks like" - - - so true!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!