Friday, September 11, 2009

I, too, remember.

I couldn't let this day end without posting some photos from a trip I got to take last summer to New York and a few I found on the internet as a contrast to what I saw last summer. Where was I when September 11th became 9-11? We were living in CA at the time. I was at the YMCA on a Stairmaster watching it all unfold on one of the t.v.'s. I'm sure you remember where you were, too. (Photo Credits: Any photos without my logo were taken by someone else. Wish they were mine, but they aren't.)

I never got to see the Towers in person.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This looks like a war zone. I still can't fathom it.

Photobucket
This is what it looked like last summer.

Photobucket
Ground Zero

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The new skyline:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Still standing is right.

1 comment:

  1. I know I already commented on FB but I just loved this post Maria. It was so hard for me to fathom what everyone in NY was going through (still is) and yet my heart broke for them. How great - yet somber - that you were able to see ground zero. I love the bronze frieze (that your mom is looking at) outside of the tribute center - it's so beautiful. And your last photo just left me speechless.

    love,
    Megan xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!