Thursday, January 27, 2011

Austin & Niki: A Spring Wedding from 2010.

      Do you have a closet or a drawer that houses your miscellaneous, I'll get to it later stash? It's the little pile(s) that all of a sudden become(s) a "landfill". Overnight? "Whoa! When did that happen?! You were just a baby yesterday!"  The crazy thing about our modern, 21st century lifestyle is that those piles, drawers, and closets aren't just confined to our house, car or office anymore. There's digital, cyber "stuff" we have to deal with, too. Some of it is easy to take care of (delete) , like junk mail, but then there's the other stuff....the emails you want to respond to, the "desktop" that looks like a dump with photos, folders, downloads, school assignments, and other fodder that just keeps piling up. My desktop is nothing compared to my 2 TB External Hard drive that houses all of my photos and other stuff that just gets swept in there, when I decide to clean up the desktop for company. I have a "back room" on my Hard Drive that is actually pretty organized, but the problem is I have to run through the landfill to get there. I run as quickly as I can, with blinders on, so I don't have to see what's out there...but it doesn't go away. It grows. Eeek!

     Today, I decided to venture into the mess to look for photos of my niece, Olivia, but on my search I found these lovelies, patiently waiting for me in a folder marked AustinNikiWedding04MAR2010 Blog. Austin and Niki have been married almost a year. My good friend, Jo, did their wedding and I worked with her as her 2nd shooter. (An Aside: Love working with Jo. Miss her since she moved to ID.) Austin and Niki did get their photos, but I never posted any of their wedding day on my blog. Austin and Niki are a cute, cute couple. I did their engagements, so I got to meet them before their wedding day. Thanks to my friend, Jo, for the opportunity to be there for their, wedding, too.

I'm sure Niki and Austin won't mind revisiting this day again. I know I had fun...
So happy.

I loved how floppy this little guy was on Austin's shoulder.

 I also love how kids try to make their own fun. 
I mean, how exciting is looking at a bride and groom for 2-3 year olds.
 This little boy was attached to this grapefruit, and a good little caretaker of it he was. This was his little corner of the world for the group photo outside the temple.






 The Wright House offers two beautiful venues. Niki and Austin had their ring ceremony and reception at the Provencal, a setting inspired by the Provence region of Southern France.

A bride's shoes have gotten a lot more personality over the years. 


 The mother and father of the bride.



 Father and mother of the groom.
 The bride's sister.



 
Who says bouquets are just for brides!
 One of my faves.


 I'm a sucker for enlargements and using photographs as a focal point for the decorations.
Happy Almost 1 year Anniversary, Niki and Austin.


So, I'm going to be digging through my photos in the coming weeks, months...well, in the future, and file and organize and see what other little goodies I find. For those of you with piles, too...good luck and may the force be with you. It's not all bad...you never know what treasures await you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!