Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jamie & Jon...Utah Wedding

Photobucket

I've known Jamie's mom, Annette for nearly 24 years... before either of us were married. We spent 5 glorious months together as mission companions in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. We dubbed ourselves the Togetherness Kids and would send our mission president letters begging him to let us stay together. I don't think he actually listened to us, but it just worked out that we got to be companions for that long. The friendship stuck and we've been lucky enough to see each other about once a year since then. Between the two of us we have 10 kids. Whenever we're together as families we line up our kids in chronological order to mark the passage of time. Here is one from last summer. That's Dallin, Annette's oldest, on Jon-Erik's shoulder. Dallin was serving a mission in Spain at the time.

Photobucket

Jamie is #3 in our line up. When I was asked to do her wedding, I was excited to be a part of it. I've seen Jamie grow up over the years. Jon and Jamie adore each other. Jon is the kind of young man that a mother would hope her daughter would marry. He is #10 in a family with 11 children! Through that experience, I think he has learned sacrifice, responsibility and devotion to family. They have a solid foundation to build on AND they're crazy about each other! I'll do this in two parts with images from their portrait session first. I flew in Monday morning, we did these in the afternoon. I worked on the editing at night. Jamie's parents were working on other last minute things for the wedding/reception that would take place the next day. I was in the basement working on photos when all of a sudden there was a flash outside and ALL of the lights went out, EVERYTHING went dark...except for the laptop I was working on, which was running on battery(thankfully!) So, the next few hours were spent in complete darkness. Fortunately Annette and Todd knew where to find their flashlights AND they had batteries in them! Jamie's brother Ethan had kicked a soccer ball into the power line and knocked out the power to the 4 houses on their side of the street. It was over the top "too funny and unbelievable." Hmmm...let's see... what can we do to add more stress to our lives...I know, let's do without electricity the night before the wedding!" It all turned out. I congratulate Jamie's parents on how they handled everything. I'm not sure I would have been such a cool cucumber...first of all...where are my flashlights?!? Around 1:30 a.m., the electricity was finally restored. The headlines in the paper the next day could not have been more fitting. I will include it in Part 2.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jamie found the perfect shoes to go along with her colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
They are just too cute!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The one with her shoes is just the cutest thing! LOVE it! I want those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend
    thanks for whate you wrote about our mission and friendship. I feel very blessed that the firendship stuck! There are so many great memories together over the years. Having you here to take Jamies pictures adds another one!
    The picture are amazing and really capture the love Jamie Jon have for eachother and the joy they feel being married.
    Thank you my firend. You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ADORABLE couple! You can tell they are CRAZY for each other! And Jamie's dress and shoes are LOVELIER than LOVELY! Your photos are WONDERFUL Maria - they just absolutely GLOW. And I always love your traditional "jumping in the air" pic :)

    Meg xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!