Monday, May 2, 2011

A Family Portrait

I've done weddings, babies, birthdays, Seniors, special events, and even funerals, but when I was asked last year to photograph this family I admit that I was a little nervous, but quickly put at ease  once I met up with them out in Queen Creek. With permission, I share these photos and a little of the story behind them. The session left an impact on me and I have wanted to post them for a while. 
Jan and her husband were getting a divorce after 27 years and  Jan wanted to have one last family photo taken. It made me think quite a bit about what I was being asked to capture and in the end, I think it worked, because they made it work. Their him&her story may not have ended the way they thought, but it doesn't mean that there weren't some really great chapters (and four beautiful daughters) along the way. When I asked Jan if it was o.k. to share the images and a little bit surrounding them, her reply was, "You bet! That was a fun shoot and memorialized the prior 27 years of good things that happened in our family." I admire Jan and her wish to focus on those good things. It was worth remembering. Thank you, Jan. Here they are...





















I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to capture this family, because that is one story that continues. 


1 comment:

  1. What a FUN and terrific looking family!!! Nice job Maria!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!