Thursday, May 5, 2011

India Oven: Restaurant Review



For anyone who knows me, they know how I feel about food. I am an adventurous eater and I love many different flavors. One of my new favorite places is India Oven right here in Mesa, just down the street from us. Their address is: 1315 S. Gilbert Rd., Mesa, AZ. I have driven by their place a bazillion times and thought to myself, "I need to try that place." 


Then a few weeks ago, my parents took me to lunch and we all fell in love with the food. Daisy, the owner greeted us at the door. The fun thing about India Oven is that they serve an "All You Can Eat" buffet for both lunch and dinner, so for those unfamiliar with the tastes of India, you can try a little of everything and find your favorites. 


They serve fresh garlic naan bread to go with the meal. Yum.

The food is not overly spicy, has great flavors. The service is great. I read another review of India Oven that made me laugh, 

"Eating here felt so right, yet so wrong. A dinner buffet for only $10?!" 

And if you go for lunch, the price is only $7.95.

My dad gets credit as food stylist on this. My personal favorites are the three on the bottom half of the plate. One of these days I'll learn the names of the dishes. They also have a full menu, which you can see on their website linked above. They also have banquet facilities for 50-250 guests in the same building. If I had 250 friends to have a party with, I would definitely consider India Oven.
In the mean time, lunch anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Personally I didn't have the same quandry the one reviewer did. My reaction was more like, "This is how life should be! Great food for cheap!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, I and my wife Margareta, love Indian food and have been to a few restaurants. This one is by far the best. Not too spicy and great selection. And of course the price is right. Great food and great company (Maria) makes for a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert HedrĂ©nMay 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM

    Nice photos Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this entry!? This was fun Maria - you are a very good "food critic"! You made me want to try this place! Daniel is always saying how much he loves Indian food (which is very popular in Africa).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!