Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made cookies last Friday. I have two recipes that I alternate using for Chocolate Chip Cookies. If I'm feeling a little guilty about the cookies, I'll use the one that calls for oats...but on Friday I went with the other one. It's from an old church cook book. I've used it so much the cover is missing and the pages are stained, especially pages 93 and 119. I feel so lucky to have a Bosch mixer AND a convection oven, so making 100 cookies takes me only about 30 minutes. The best part about these cookies was the chips. There was nothing on the bag that would prepare me for the size of the chip. They were so big, I couldn't believe it. They are the best chocolate chips I have ever tasted, and I've tasted plenty. GHIRARDELLI Premium baking chips, 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate. Brian found them at Costco. I like to use a scooper so my cookies are all the same size. That way they bake more evenly. Recipe follows. 


Photobucket



Photobucket

LIKE MRS. FIELD'S COOKIES

1 lb. butter (softened)
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla
6 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt & baking soda
4 c. chocolate chips
(I don't do nuts in cookies, so they are not an option for me.)

Mix the sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla. Then add the dry stuff. Then the chocolate chips. Bake at 375. Check after 6 or 7 minutes. I try not to overbake them and then let them sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before removing.

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmm Can I come over for a taste. jk. I think that last picture needs to be in a magazine. :) Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    I love your website and all your pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!