Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Movie List

I've always loved going to the movies, but it is a 2 hour time commitment, so it better be a good movie! I thought I'd compile a list of movies that we've enjoyed over the years. These are movies that stand the test of time for me. Some people don't like foreign films, but I do. I always watch a foreign film in it's original language with subtitles.  I know people shy away from them because they have to read and watch at the same time, but you get into a rhythm and there are so many good stories being told around the world. Is there a movie genre that's called "Slice of Life"?  That would probably be my favorite. I should warn you  that not all of these movies have a happy ending. 



The movie I wanted to spotlight today is, "The Chorus" 
Plot:  A new teacher at a severely administered boys' boarding school works to positively effect the students' lives through music. 
There is a scene in the movie that I can watch over and over and it never loses it's impact for me. It's towards the end of the film.  It is one of those magical moments in a film when all of the elements come together. The movies listed will be linked to a trailer, so you can check them out for yourself. 

3 comments:

I love your comments!