Thursday, October 30, 2008

Little Swedish Clogs

As I was driving the kids to school this morning we listened to ABBA and I was reminded of how much I like them. When I turned 40, I had a sizable party in our backyard.  Where most people like to do something daring like go sky diving when they hit one of the "older" mile stones, I decided that my daring thing was going to be to sing in front of all of the people at my party. I chose an ABBA song, "Thank You For The Music". Every time I hear that song I get thrown back to that moment and it brings a smile to my face. In honor of my Swedish roots and my love for ABBA I am sharing this photo today.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. We recognize those little shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOVE* the clogs Maria! And oh, what I would have given to see you belt out "Thank You For The Music"! I think I might have actually driven to Arizona just for that :) And isn't it funny how everyone seems embarrassed to admit they love ABBA - but when it comes right down to it, we ALL know every one of their songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Oh, and by the way, I love ABBA. Growing up, ABBA was one of the few things I was allowed to listen to at home other than classical music and "oldies." You know my mom liked it because she could dance to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!