Thursday, February 5, 2009

David De Dios at AZPPA

     The AZPPA (Arizona Professional Photographers Association) meets on the first Tuesday of every month at the Airport Hilton. I decided to check it out this month. Their program featured  David De Dios- "The Art of Wedding Photography". Check out his website here. I'm so glad that I went. I have learned more about networking within the photography community than anywhere else. People are very generous with their knowledge and talent. Brian is amazed that photographers are will to share so much information with each other. We are competing with each other, after all, but I have found it to be a very giving community, whether it's here locally or other photographers I've found online.   
Photobucket

David brought a couple of models to do a demo  of some Bride/Groom poses.

Photobucket

     One of the biggest pieces of information I came away with was his simple lighting technique for night photography and indoor portraits. He uses a flashlight!  I love that! A Brinkman Dual Xenon flashlight.  That was very exciting to me! Here are some shots from his demo.  It was a very enlightening evening. David was very personable and I can see why couples would hire him. I have really enjoyed meeting and getting to know other photographers. I've made some great new friends in the process.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket        

So glad I went!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so sad that I missed it! It looks like it was a good meeting! I'm going to have to try the flashlight trick! I hate not being able to focus when it's really dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to get me one of those flashlights! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!