Monday, February 9, 2009

Olivia turns 2!

It's not every day a gal turns 2. I gently chided my sister-in-law, Christine, about the BIG bash they were throwing for Olivia's 2nd birthday. If this was her 2nd B-day, what would they be doing when she turned 7,10 ,16...?! She said, "Same thing, a Dora Bouncer!" I can't wait, sounds perfect. Actually I can wait, because I am enjoying my little nieces SO much just where they are right now. Here are some pics from her shindig this past weekend:

Photobucket

The Birthday Girl!
Photobucket

The Dora Theme.
Photobucket

The Pinata...those of you who know my brother, James, might guess that he was in charge of getting the pinata.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I just love her little arms and the intent expression on her face here. She is pretty "into" her candy bag.

Blowing out the Candle.
Photobucket

Photobucket




Gotta have balloons.
Photobucket

And presents... by the way, isn't Olivia's mom pretty?
Photobucket

The Grandpas.
Photobucket

AND her Grandmas, who joked about that maybe they might even make it onto my blog. If I had known they felt this way about my blog, I would have featured them a LONG time ago!
Photobucket
Here they are for real.
Photobucket

My brother, who loves being a dad.
Photobucket

There was music.
Photobucket

And Friends, Big and Small...
Photobucket

Photobucket
I just have to say about this young friend that I think she has the "look". I wish I knew how to "discover" someone. :-) I'm just saying for the record: Here she is.

Photobucket
Sometimes telling a child NOT to smile is the key to getting a good photo. She looked perfect just like this. :-) You will never hear me saying, "Say cheese!".

Party is ending...time to start saying good-bye. This embrace says it all about Olivia.
She is such a sweet little girl.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Happy Birthday, Little Cutie-Pie Muffin Girl!
love,
your Aunt Maria





9 comments:

  1. I wish I was invited to that 2 year old's party! Looks like fun! haha.. LOVE the grandmas debut! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Maybe this is just my matrimonial prejudice, but I thought these were all great. My favorite is the black and white with James and Olivia, but they're all wonderful. Shane's daughter is a beauty, and Olivia's grandparents look great, too. I also thought my leg looked real fine in one of the shots. I thought to myself, "if I was a girl, I would want to date the guy attached to that leg."

    Great job Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO want to date that guy attached to the leg. How about this Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A CUTIE PATOOTIE!!! And gosh, what a fun party and fun family! Loved the pinata, the friends & fam, the grandparents.... you guys always look like you're having the greatest time :) And the girl you discovered - gorgeous! I actually gasped when I saw that pic. Gosh, what a fun day & great pics Maria :)

    HAPPY B-DAY OLIVIA, YOU PRECIOUS GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, once again you have done an amazing job!! I love them all. Thank you for taking the time to capture these moments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! She is an adorable little girl. The big 2 for Emma will be here all too soon! I'm not ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria: Thanks for the kind comment at my little blog. And of course you know I adore your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maria (Sis. Nissen :) I love your blog. Olivia is a cutie pie. I have a new appreciation for your talents.
    I am headed to a shoot today and hope the photographer can work some magic w/my red nose, I have a cold. Thanks for following my blog, YOU ARE MY FIRST OFFICIAL FAN! HA! Your family is beautiful,
    the winter formal shots are awesome. XO, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!