Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

My little sweetheart, Brian said he had a present for me for Valentine's. I said, "I didn't think we were doing presents." He said, "It's just a little something." It was an unexpected surprise. He's good at little surprises. Hmmm...what could it be?  It was shaped like a box of chocolates. I would have been o.k. with chocolates...especially my favorites, marzipan, from See's Candy.

Photobucket

But it turned out to be even better than chocolate!

Photobucket
I love it! Thank you. So very thoughtful! I don't know if I've mentioned that I dropped my keyboard a couple of weeks ago and ever since then it has been a bit 'space bar challenged'. AsinwhenI wouldtypesomething,sometimes it wouldgive me the space, and sometimesitwouldn't. It was a little high maintenance. Typing on this keyboard is a dream.

I've received many cards, notes and letters from Brian over the years. He has been a great writer, ever since I've known him and we go WAY back. We once spent 37 months only communicating via snail mail, while we were both out serving missions. One day I would love to go through all of those letters and make a book out of them. Because of our history of writing, my heart was trained a long time ago to go pitter-patter when I see Brian's script attached to my name. I just have such fond memories of courting through letters. This is a card that Brian gave me that I keep out because I like it so much. He's always been much better at picking out cards than I have. He knows me. We still dig each other. 

Photobucket 
 photo on card by David M. Grossman from the M.I.L.K. photo series, "a celebration of humanity"
                                              
So, B., I think you know that I've still got a crush on you, after all these years!

LOVE,

Me


4 comments:

  1. This is adoarble, Maria! How cute and thoughtful of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee whiz, girl, don't you know that real men with large muscles such as myself are a little embarrassed about having their romantic efforts blogged about. I still pretty much like you, though. Wanna go steady for another 22?

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, I don't even have any words for this post....... because the whole things was just TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!