Friday, February 6, 2009

Historical Home Tour Photos...Finally!

Photobucket
Several weeks ago I posted about Mesa Historical Museum's Annual Home Tour. It took place on January 24th, which seems like eons ago. I am finally getting around to posting photos from the tour. I love this kind of thing. It's fun to be involved with a community event. People were talkative and friendly. I especially enjoyed meeting the home owners and chatting with them. The lunch at the restaurant that took over Rigattoni's was good...same menu as last year: Tour of Rigattoni's. I'm going to begin with a house that was fun to photograph. It was truly a reflection of the homeowner's love for their home.

Photobucket

You will now be entering the home belonging to this cute couple. I admit that I went a little overboard on this one. There was just so much to see! The home had little nooks and crannies...and longer than expected hallways.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A view from the kitchen into the living room.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the hallway leading to the family room.
Photobucket
This little phone chair in their family room was found at a second hand store
and according to the Mrs., it was love at first sight. She just HAD to have it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Into the kitchen, which had a little nook off of it with candy jars filled with yummy treats. This room was dubbed "The Preparation Room" by a little visitor and the name stuck. This is a grandma's kitchen that any kid would love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last, but not least, the bathroom.
Photobucket
Stay tuned for more Home Tour tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful Maria! I especially love the phone chair. If I saw that in a secondhand store I'd HAVE to have it too!!...Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Maria, these are works of art! Great photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up girlfriend - you knew I would adore all the red touches, and I DID! And I'm not usually a tile lover, but those red tiles in the kitchen knocked my socks off - so cute! What an adorable home! You did an awesome job bringing it to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me want to move into an old house! These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!