Sunday, December 14, 2008

A photo session with Simon

It is raining cats and dogs outside as I type this and I'm loving it! It is worth staying up late just to hear the rain. It doesn't happen often enough...the rain I mean...me being up at this hour is not too unusual. I'm trying to do better! 
I was going to post Thanksgiving photos today, but I'm going to have to take a rain check until Monday. Simon and I did a little photo shoot today and it restored my faith in being able to photograph my own children. We had fun and got some good shots out of our little outing. (Simon posted all of the photos on his Facebook site.) First I'm going to show you what often happens when I ask my kids to look my way while I'm holding my camera.

This was an out take from my Turkey Trot photos. :-)
Photobucket
I was beginning to think that this is typical with my little goofs.

Simon was a willing subject, which brings me to a point worth making: Good photos are a two way deal between the photographer and the subject, unless you're a baby, well, then, you almost can't go wrong.  
Back to Simon...who worked with me. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was finally time to go home...Simon, it was fun. Let's do it again some time. :-)

Photobucket

So, I'm going to do Thanksgiving next and then coming up: Chaz Salazar a great, young flutist who I photographed for an ad for KJZZ.






3 comments:

  1. Oh, that handsome, handsome boy! What a sweetheart to go with you for a session of his own - I bet the two of you had a great time. I love all these photos but I think my favorite is the close-up of Simon's blue eyes. Such a beautiful face, that boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this doesn't embaress him too much, but Simon is so cute. I love the pictures. Someday I will have to have you photograph my girls and I will try and learn everything you do. Your pictures are beautiful and I wish I had the talent to document my girls the way you do. We miss the Nissen family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that I ran into you when you were taking these photos??
    :) Your shots are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!