Saturday, December 13, 2008

Turkey Trot 2008

Photobucket

A new Thanksgiving Day tradition that we started a few years ago is running the Turkey Trot in the a.m. Jon-Erik, Benjamin and Adam represented our family this year. I have not been running as of late, so I didn't feel quite up to it.

Photobucket
Adam, attaching his number.
Photobucket

Photobucket

When we got there and I saw everyone gathering at the starting line, I wished so much that I had had my running shoes on. I won't be a spectator next year!

Photobucket

I just love the excitement, the crowd, the connection, the exercise, the sense of community. I also love running in to people we don't see that often.

Photobucket

Last year, Jon-Erik had a few friends who ran in various forms of dress clothes. This year I only saw one guy in this attire. He always had a smile on his face.

Here is the Turkey. Both Jon-Erik and Benjamin beat the Turkey. The weather was nice and cool for the guy in the turkey costume. I don't know how he does it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now it's home to shower and drive up to Prescott for Thanksgiving with Brian's family at Friendly Pines Camp. Brian's brother, Kevin, runs the camp and we love getting together with him and his family and Brian's parents and whoever else is there. Friendly Pines and Thanksgiving tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute maria! i love your ltlle family picture at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you missed running this year, I think it's great that you got to capture it, which you couldn't have done if you were running instead! I love that there is actually a turkey! It makes me want to come to your turkey trot next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pictures! I need to get out more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so awesome you're a family of runners Maria! Daniel was our only one who could even remotely get into it. But maybe running isn't our destiny since our last name is Walker!?! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!