Monday, November 24, 2008

Meet Kiersten

I happened to be at the Mesa Arts Center on Saturday taking some photos and I had the good fortune of meeting Kiersten Kern. She had a booth set up at the local craft fair.  She makes beaded jewelry for people and animals.  I loved what she makes for people. I have not checked out her animal jewelry yet. (Lucky animals, who get to wear jewelery!) Kiersten's jewelry can be found here and on etsy.  One of her pieces was a necklace with pink pearls and small pink crystals.  It had a heart pendant hanging from it. Kiersten pointed out that on the other side of the heart was a saying:

"Some people pursue happiness, others create it."

When I read it, I thought, "Well, that is Kiersten." Kiersten wears a scarf on her head because she has lost all of  her hair from chemotherapy. Kiersten has Breast Cancer. I asked her if she would mind if I did her portrait.  Thank you, Kiersten for allowing me to take your picture and letting me share them today on my blog. You look beautiful, hair or no hair. Kiersten is going in for a double mastectomy today. I would invite you to include her in your prayers. Best wishes to you, Kiersten. Hope it all goes well. So nice to meet you.
Here she is.  Can't you just feel her positive energy?? 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait to do your portrait again, down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Oh BLESS YOU Maria Nissen! You are such a wonderful person. I don't know anyone who sees the good in people like you do. And BLESS YOU Kiersten, for being so brave and positive in such a large, frightening trial. You are an inspiration. Keep the faith. You will be in our thoughts and our prayers, especially today.

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been neat to meet such a remarkable person! I sure do feel such a deep love for those struggling with cancer. It's a long rough road! I admire you Kiersten for your positive attitude. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!