Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Striving for Perfection

I've spent a lot of time looking at other photographer's work and seeing what I like and don't like and working on finding my own way of doing things. I like things to look natural, but at the same time I think people, especially brides and my breed in general deserve to look their best natural selves. I am striving to find that balance between allowing people to look like them and fine tuning some things that we don't see in person, but left to stare at a photo for years, we might start to notice. This is beautiful Megan, who is getting married on Thursday to wonderful Wyatt. I've already included them in another post, but I really liked this photo of her and felt like it was close to achieving that beautiful, but natural look that I'm striving for. Balance allows the beauty to shine on it's own merit and not because someone looks like they had a lot of work done to them. Just a little thought on this election day. Time to go vote!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You most certainly achieved the balance Maria - simply exquisite!

    And your blog totally ROCKS! You've done an excellent job my friend - keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the processing on this picture. You are right it is hard to find a balance!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!